Foodistan (Lahore, Pakistan)
Recently, I came back from a month long trip to Lahore – the culinary capital of Pakistan.
Lahore, has a wide variety of cuisine, from fancy upscale Italian restaurants to the simple Pakistani village food and everything in between.
A few tips for those of you who may be traveling to Pakistan soon:
1. Get Your Shots – Before you Travel (Currently Hepatitis A, Typhoid, Polio and Malaria are the main diseases in Pakistan)
2. Don’t Drink The Water – unless it’s Bottled and Sealed (Nestle PureLife is the most reliable brand)
3. Don’t Eat Street Food – unless it is fried up, steaming hot, or cooked well done! Avoid eating anything cold or something made with water.
If you follow those 3 simple rules, you should be fine and not get sick!
Below is a short slideshow of my trip through “Foodistan” aka Lahore this past February. I hope you enjoy the pictures, as much as I enjoyed eating all the delicious food:)!
- Fresh Butter on hand-made Aloo Paratha (Bread stuffed with Potato) in the Pind (Village)
- Nando’s Half Chicken Dinner
- Sugarcane Juice Coming out of the Juicing Machine!
- Image of SF Bay Area inside the Hardee’s Restaurant in Defence, Lahore. Btw, Try the Jalapeno Thickburger at Hardee’s – it’s the best burger in Pakistan!
- Kulfi – frozen Pakistani Dessert made with Cream, Sugar and California Almonds!
- Steak Dinner from “The Cafe Upstairs” in Lahore, Pakistan
- Fresh Jilabee (Fried Flour & Syrup) made in the Pind (Village)
- Sweet Paan (Beetle Leaf stuffed with nuts, coconut and other good stuff:))
- Fresh Aloo Paratha (Bread stuffed with Potato) made in the Pind (Village)
- the sugarcane juice is coming out!
- Jumbo Jilabee (Fried Flour & Syrup)
- Sugarcane Truck on it’s way into town
- Fresh Carrots from the Pind (Village)
- Fresh Oranges from the Pind (Village)
- Pakistani Chai (Tea) at the Lahore Airport
- Filet Mignon Steak Dinner from “Cafe Aylanto” in Lahore, Pakistan
- Falooda – Pakistani Dessert made with Kulfi, ice cream, noodles and pistachios!
- Backside view of a sugarcane truck on it’s way into town
- Old School Pakistani Hookah (Tobacco Water Pipe)
- Making Fresh Jilabee (Fried Flour & Syrup) in the Pind (Village)
- Making Fresh Aloo Pakoras (Fried Potato Dumplings) on a wood stove in the Pind (Village)
- Fresh Buffalo Milk is creamier and tastier than cow milk!
This entry was posted in Cuisine
and tagged Buffalo Milk
, Café Aylanto
, Filet Mignon
, hepatitis A
, The Cafe Upstairs
. Bookmark the permalink